
I slept 11 hours last night! I think the early start yesterday and the heat and walking ran my batteries low quickly. But I slept well and long. That’s what holidays are for.
Breakfast was an Asian treat of stewed apricot, melon, cheese, bread, omelette and coffee. Eaten whilst sat on cushions on the floor.

Then we were off. We had a quick explore of the city walls.
Before diving back into the melee of Khiva.
Our traipses were more of the same as yesterday. Our ticket was a two day entry so we finished off the 10 or so sights we’d had our eyes on, explored some odd places, such as the Museum of Musical Art which was pretty much devoted to famous Uzbek musicians from the last century. And explored more mosques and madrassahs. The more you see the more you are blown away by the amazing tiles.
Oh, and some souvenir clay birds.
A replica yurt.
Pakhlavan Makhmoud Mausoleum
Floor to ceiling tiles. Awesome.
Stunning.
When the sun goes down the monuments get even more awesome.
It was a phaff finding somewhere to eat as the places we tried were block booked by coach parties and the place we’d dined yesterday was unexpectedly shut. We did eventually alight on a roof top restaurant and I wined and dined on veg and chips whilst JC munched his way through another kebab.

No comments:
Post a Comment